[Aide] Restricting aide to certain file extensions

Ian Barry ianaide at sensical.net
Wed Dec 22 18:58:50 EET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get aide to scan a website's files, but only certain file
extensions, and I cannot seem to work out how to do this without excluding
directories that also happen to have that file extension.

For example, I want to scan only .php files.

TOPDIR is /var/www/mywebsite.com

First I tried this, but it just gets the files in the TOPDIR, and not in
sub-directories.

@@{TOPDIR}/.*\.php$ MyGroup1

Then I tried this, but no change.

@@{TOPDIR}/(.*/)*.*\.php$ MyGroup1

Then I tried a restriction of the file types I did not want, however this
restricts directories with the same format - for instance
/var/www/mywebsite.com/files.doc/rootkit.php would not be scanned, which is
bad!

@@{TOPDIR} MyGroup1
!@@{TOPDIR}/.*\.(doc|flv|gif|ini|jpeg|jpg|mov|m4a|mp3|mp4|mpg|pdf|png|sgml|s
wf|txt|wmv)$

Any ideas?

I initially was using aide 0.13.1 but then I upgraded to 0.15.1 however it
made no difference.

Many thanks

Ian