[Aide] AIDE on HPUX

Ruedi, Charles charles.ruedi at almacgroup.com
Tue Sep 22 16:28:55 EEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm setting up aide on an HP-UX 11.23 Itanium server

While running configure I get the following error

checking zlib.h usability... no

checking zlib.h presence... no

checking for zlib.h... no

configure: error: You don't have zlib properly installed. Install it or
try --without-zlib.

dev-vm3 #

But I have zlib installed, and the zlib.h file is there and readable.
Other apps use it without issues,

dev-vm3 # swlist -l product |grep -i zlib

  zlib                  1.2.3          zlib

dev-vm3 #

dev-vm3 # find /usr -name zlib.h -exec ll {} \;

-rw-r--r--   1 root       1307         66188 Mar 16  2007
/usr/local/include/zlib.h

dev-vm3 #

Also, if I follow the suggestion of running configure with the "
-without-zlib" option it fails with a different issue.

checking for mhash_get_block_size in -lmhash... no

configure: WARNING: No mhash means no hmac.

checking for gpg_strerror in -lgpg-error... no

configure: error: You need to have libgpg-error.a installed to use
libgcrypt.

But libgpg-error.a is installed.

dev-vm3 # swlist -l product |grep -i libg

  PHCO_31573            1.0            libgprof cumulative patch

  libgcc                4.2.3          libgcc

  libgpg_error          1.7            libgpg_error

dev-vm3 #

Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie Ruedi

Almac Clinical Services

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender.

Almac Group (UK) Limited, registered no. NI061368.  Almac Sciences Limited, registered no. NI041550.  Almac Discovery Limited, registered no. NI046249.  Almac Pharma Services Limited, registered no. NI045055.  Almac Clinical Services Limited, registered no. NI041905.  Almac Clinical Technologies Limited, registered no. NI061202.  Almac Diagnostics Limited, registered no. NI043067.  All preceding companies are registered in Northern Ireland with a registered office address of Almac House, 20 Seagoe Industrial Estate, Craigavon, BT63 5QD, UK.

Almac Sciences (Scotland) Limited, registered in Scotland no. SC154034.

Almac Clinical Services LLC, Almac Clinical Technologies LLC and Almac Diagnostics LLC are Delaware limited liability companies and Almac Group Incorporated is a Delaware Corporation.  More information on the Almac Group can be found on the Almac website: www.almacgroup.com