[Aide] database config file issues

Elaine . cmap_sec at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 14:13:56 EEST 2009

hi
New to aide and list.
I'm setting up aide on two boxes as suse 10 and a solaris 10 box. Its all working ok with database files going to a local folder but I can't seem to get it to work going to an nfs mount (rw for now). Same behaviour on both.

I have the settings as
database=file:/usr/local/bin/aide.db
database_out=file:aide.db
and it works.

the nfs mount is to /databases
I try it to -
database=file:aide.db
database_out=file:/databases/aide.db.new
I get the out database created on init ok.

but fail on a --check with couldn't open for reading. same if i make it aide.db.new and making it /databases/aide.db.new and it moans file is the same.

I'm using the example here -
example is-
database=file:/mnt/floppy/aide.db
database_out=file:/mnt/floppy/aide.db.new
http://linux.com/archive/articles/113919

Ideally I want to create the database on the nfs mount for checking then make it a read only mount. the database it creates on check should be somewhere else as it won't be able to write to the nfs mount.
Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Elaine