[Aide] aide help

Pablo Virolainen pablo at vapaa.fi
Thu Mar 12 14:52:21 EET 2009

fredzy padzy kirjoitti:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a new aide user, and wondered if it could redirect --check
> informations to a syslog deamon (local or remote).
>
> Actually, tripewire could handle such a thing toward the TWSYSLOG
> directive in its conf.
>
> I browsed the web and didn't find anything about that ... moreover
> aide is a french word which gave me some strange search results.
>
> Any idee about the syslog ?
>
> Thanks in advance :)
Not quite sure what you mean, because only things (currently) not
written what ever "report_url" is assigned are (under verbose level >=
5) is version info + some final statement.

Final statement if "### All files match AIDE database. Looks okay!",
"### New AIDE database written to filename" or "### New AIDE database
written to filename".

So... if you (in your aide configuration file) state
"report_url=syslog:LOG_AUTH", that's where the thing is going to be
written (after the config line is handled)

Pablo