[Aide] "Total number of files" question

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Jul 9 00:00:30 EEST 2009

On 7/6/09 11:07 AM, José María de Fuentes wrote:
> While using AIDE, some students reported a challenging issue. In
> AIDE´s reports, the "total number of files" field was not apparently
> correct. In a directory with just 2 files, it reported to have
>
> Total number of files: 6
[snip]
> Could you give me some explanation about what´s going on? Is anything
> wrong? What does AIDE count in that field?

There is 2 places in the source code where the "Total number of files"
is printed. The first uses the number of files in the aide.db. The
second uses the total number of files in aide.db plus those on the file
system (if not in aide.db).

The contents of your aide.db would be interesting to determine what is
going on.

Cheers,

Richard