[Aide] Problem using aide on Fedora 10 (prelink)

freeslkr freeslkr.wl6x at mailnull.com
Fri Feb 6 23:38:54 EET 2009

Calvin Davis <everywomanshero1977 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Every few days prelink runs on fedora 10 by default which generates
> ctime changes on library files. I am wondering how other users are
> dealing with this? I think I will run prelink manually and then
> update the database after doing a --clean. Kevin

I used to do what you're suggesting, but currently I just have prelink
disabled. It made my already-to-long update process longer. Storing
the database off-line and checking via known good media before updating
means:
  reboot -> chk aidedb -> reboot -> update pkgs -> reboot -> update aidedb

I've been been meaning to test manually running prelink again to see how
long it takes and what the benefit is. I'd appreciate hearing what you
think.