[Aide] different attributes (here3)

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Sat Apr 4 16:11:55 EEST 2009

Peter Jordan wrote:
> after every run of /etc/cron.daily/aide (debian testing) I get the
> following hints:

It looks like you are running the Debian version of aide. Mentioning
this and the package number would have been helpful.

> File "/var/log/xdm.log" "/var/log/syslog.6.gz" in databases has
> different attributes (here3), 40807fc3d,40007fc3d
>
> The configuration does not changed between the runs.
>
> What do this hints mean and how can I make them disappear?

The hints mean your configuration has changed since the last aide.db
update. Did you rename /var/lib/aide.db.new to /var/lib/aide.db after
your last configuration change? Please note that upgrading any Debian
package could result in a configuration change for aide.

Regards,

Richard