[Aide] Caught SIGBUS/SEGV

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:11:34 EEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Clinton James <ccj at mediamas.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks. These sre the results. I'm now a little punch-drunk!
>
> MySuse:~ # gdb aide
> GNU gdb (GDB; openSUSE 11.1) 6.8.50.20081120-cvs
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux".
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://bugs.opensuse.org/>...
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (gdb) run --init
> Starting program: /usr/bin/aide --init
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)
> (no debugging symbols found)

Looks like OpenSuSE splits out the debug information or doesn't
compile it in. If needed, look for debuginfo files for the aide
package to see if that will fill in the gaps. But the problem as Mr
van den Berg said looks to be libmhash (rpm -qf /usr/lib/libmhash.so.2
to see what package it belongs to).

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux