[Aide] AIDE and delayed updates

Jean-Michel Philippon-Nadeau jmphilip at ccs.usherbrooke.ca
Wed Feb 27 21:04:59 EET 2008

Hello,

When I update the packages through yum on some of my machines (rhel 5
and rhel 4), it looks like the update get delayed when viewing filsystem
changes with AIDE.

If I update my packages in the morning, I receive the list of modified
packages in logwatch (found through rpm/yum logs) and sometimes nothing
in my AIDE output (they are updated automatically during the night). The
day after, nothing in my logwatch (normal, no updates) but I see the
files modified on the filesystem... Sometimes, they are also modified
the day after I receive the notice from AIDE... As if the updates would
have been done twice.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jean-Michel