[Aide] Configure aide for /boot only verification on encrypted root system

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Feb 14 12:11:25 EET 2008

service at remekmotorok.com wrote:
> I have saved your suggestions for the next time I compile aide,
> however I think it will still give
> the undesirable result of a /etc directory.
> --sysconfigdir=/home/mydir/myetcdir

You can set --sysconfigdir to /home/mydir or any other directory you
desire, using an etc directory is not mandatory.

> As I have it compiled now, it looks for all files in the same directory.
> As these live on a USB drive, I can never be sure where they will mount.
> /media/disk1 or disk2 or media/256mb and so on.

In that case you're best off running aide with the -c switch specifying
a relative aide.conf file. I'm not sure if the database URL can be made
relative as well. If not, you can always set it to file:///tmp/aide.db
and copy it there first.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg