[Aide] Building on Leopard

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Aug 14 11:37:40 EEST 2008

On 14-8-2008 3:38, Darryl Taylor wrote:
> Below are the options that darwin ports uses. So I tried compiling
> myself with those and a minimum set of --with-mhash and --disable-
> static. Both resulted in the errors below. I couldn't find the error
> in the code, looked at the configure options and assumed the the 64
> bit datatypes were for large file support. So I used the option --
> disable-lfs (disable large file support). It compiled successfully.

Thanks Darryl. Leopard does not seem to define off64_t and occording to
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/64bitPorting/indications/chapter_2_section_2.html
Leopard doesn't need any special handling to support large files. So
using --disable-lfs seems exactly the right thing to do.

An interesting experiment is to create a large file, and run aide --init
on it. It should be reporting the correct file size and hash values. You
can create a large (sparse) file like this:

dd of=3gb.sparse bs=1 count=0 seek=3G

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg