[Aide] (no subject)

Robert Griffin rmg at ua.edu
Mon Oct 8 18:57:13 EEST 2007

On Oct 8, 2007, at 10:44, <davidski-ai at deadheaven.com> wrote:

> I'm running Aide 0.11 on a FreeBSD 6.2 system (compiled via the
> ports tree).
> I have a number of files that keep being checked for inode number
> changes
> (+i) despite my best efforts to have aide ignore this check.  The
> relevant
> portions of my aide.conf file are:
>
> =/usr/local/etc/dnscachex-lo1/log/main/current$                 MyLogs
> =/usr/local/etc/dnscachex-lo2/log/main/current$                 MyLogs
> =/usr/local/etc/tinydns/log/main/current$                       MyLogs
> =/usr/local/etc/tinydns-int/log/main/current$                   MyLogs

I don't think these lines will work -- the pathname in an equals line
is required to match both by regexp comparison and by plain string
comparison for some reason, so the dollar sign at the end will
prevent a match. You should be able to match the individual files
with plain regexp lines (i.e, no equals in front), but also beware
that configuration lines should generally be ordered from most
specific to least specific.

	--Robby