[Aide] AIDE on server - AIDE on laptop

Reiner Rusch rusch at w3solutions.de
Mon Mar 5 16:44:41 EET 2007

Hi,

I'm new to aide but testet a bit.
So, while this software is not very difficult to understand, I'm wondering how
others configure their aide.

I installed aide on my laptop and some servers.
So, while I restart my laptop every day , a server wouldn't.
In this way, aide should be configured in different ways.

On my laptop some files below /etc differs every reboot. This seems to be at
least things according dhcp.

But on a server? Perhaps (I'm not sure) it would be interesting, to test even
those things below /etc so I know that my server was restarted, which could
be a hint....

Could anyone give me some information about their conf-files and what you do,
if aide finds differences? By now I take a sms-service to know the status
(only an alarm) once a day.
Would be nice, if you tell something about your linux-version and on what kind
of computer you installed aide (see my opinion laptop<->server).
Last question: does aide exists also for windows?

Best regards,
R.Rusch