[Aide] tracking files with permissions X

Aaron Lippold lippold at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:47:00 EEST 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have made a list already but I did it with
perm -2000 and -4000, so thanks for the tip on the shortcut.

So what I wasn't sure about was that, let's say, I get:

/bin/x
/bin/y
/sbin/z
/usr/local/x
etc.

for my list.

and then I would just say:

aide.conf

/bin/x PERM
/bin/y PERM
etc.

And then, for completeness, have a cron job that runs my check and
then compares the results to the entries in my aide.conf file?

Would you say that is the correct approach?

Aaron

p.s. I cc'd some interested folks so please reply to all. Thanks.