[Aide] trouble compiling aide-0.13.1 on solaris 10 x86

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Feb 27 16:31:25 EET 2007

Thomas Leveille wrote:
> I've checked and Sun dropped the static C library since the Solaris 10
> 1/06 release :(

That's madness. Solaris is starting to look like MacOS. You can
configure aide using the --disable-static switch, but that opens up all
sorts of dynamic library attacks against it at runtime. Since this is a
security issue, I refuse to build aide dynamically out of the box. But
as this is now the 2nd OS to drop static linking altogether, perhaps I
can make configure print out a warning or something.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg