[Aide] trouble compiling aide-0.13.1 on solaris 10 x86

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Feb 27 12:42:58 EET 2007

Thomas Leveille wrote:
> I managed to compile and use aide on Solaris 8 sparc but not with
> Solaris 10 x86 :
>
> It looks like flex is the problem according to the config.log. I tried
> with flex 2.5.33 from both the sunfreeware packages and from source.
Configure does not seem to have a problem with flex. Here are the
relevant lines from your config.log:

configure:5714: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -static  -static  conftest.c  >&5
ld: fatal: library -lc: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest

You need to make sure you have the static C library (libc.a) installed
on your system.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg