[Aide] Question: How to deal with flex and bison once AIDE is installed

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed Feb 14 17:42:07 EET 2007

Alexandre B. wrote:
> Now that AIDE has been successfully made, can I uninstall Flex and Bison
> or do I still need to keep it ?

Flex and bison are only needed at compile time. You can safely remove
them. You might need to install them again when you want to upgrade aide.

Another way (my personal favorite) is to compile software on a separate
system. Then tar everything up and move it to the target machine. Only a
"make install" is needed to install the software. No need for gcc, flex,
bison, etc to be present.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg