[Aide] AIDE equals matching broken after 0.10

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Dec 20 14:23:47 EET 2007

Robert Griffin wrote:
> But nobody ever replied to my question about which was the correct
> behavior.

I remembered someone complaining about it before. Personally, I've never
used equal lines. I just use a $ at the end of a rule if I want an exact
match. The reasoning for using equal rules seems to be increased
performance. From the manual: equals selection lines are only checked in
the first recursion step, thus providing some kind of speed optimization
by reducing the number of necessary regular expression evaluations,
which is a quite expensive operation.

> So yes, I'd like to see the bug reported and fixed (though I have
> yet to review your patch carefully).

I've applied the patch here locally to do some testing. I'll release a
new version if it seems to be working.

Brian, thanks a lot for reporting this.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg