[Aide] Problems with aide

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Sun Aug 12 11:38:58 EEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 08:45:22AM +0200, frank coldewe wrote:
> i have still poblems to get aide to work. I have installed aide on a
> root-server (debian/etch). then i have done aide -i.
> Then copyed the file /tmp/empty/aide.db.new to /var/lib/aide/aide.db and
> /var/lib/aide.db.new. These files are uses in /etc/aide.conf. But when i
> start aide -C I get: Couldn't open file /tmp/empty/aide.db for reading

If you want to use aide the way Debian wants you to, you need to use
aide.wrapper instead of aide. If you want to use aide in your own way,
you need to specify the configuration file on aide's command line.

If your English is not good enough to understand the docs, aide might
give you a false sense of security since you won't be able to
understand exactly what your aide does.

Greetings
Marc, aide Debian maintainer