[Aide] can't compile 0.12 on Solaris 8, 9, or 10

colin@ccsisupport.com colin at ccsisupport.com
Wed Oct 18 00:09:16 EEST 2006

Interesting update here.

>> (voyager)$ bison -V
>> bison (GNU Bison) 1.875d
>> This is the latest package from SunFreeware. It's also the version that
>> Sun ships with Solaris 10. Am I going to need to move to bison 2.x now?
>
> Yes, there are known problems with bison 1.875d that prevent it from
> working with aide.

As it turns out, I was wrong. Solaris 10 comes with 1.875, not 1.875d.
Don't know what the difference is, but bison on Solaris 10 works fine for
the line that was causing it to choke previously. Unfortunately, I can't
build AIDE in Solaris 10. Fortunately (whew!) once I've manually built
the C input files with bison on S10, I can finish compiling on Solaris 8.

Rather convoluted, but I now have a binary that's producing essentially
identical results to aide-0.10. This is excellent news!

Thanks for the pointers.
Colin