[Aide] aide 0.11 is generating a VERY large database.

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 16:28:09 EET 2006

I just upgraded from Ubuntu dapper to edgy, including an upgrade of
aide from 0.10.something to 0.11a-4.  The database
  /var/lib/aide/aide.db.new
got up to 45MB (compared with 2.2MB for the old one) before I gave up
and killed it.

I recall having the same problem in Debian earlier this year, but
temporarily resolved it by downgrading back to 0.10 since I was
planning to get Ubuntu anyway.  But I'd like to sort this out
properly.

I suppose the problem is that the new config files pick up too much
stuff?  Can anyone tell me where or how to get a sensible
configuration for aide 0.11?

Thanks,
Adam