[Aide] How to make aide print file details of an arbitrary file?

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Sun Nov 5 15:05:59 EET 2006

Marc Haber wrote:
> Is there any way to get aide details of any given file short of
> generating a single-line database that recognizes the file as "changed
> in all details", which I have not yet been very successful in doing?

Why not? Generate a single-line database for /dev/null and edit it
afterwards so that /dev/null is replaced by the path of your aide.db
file. Then use it to check for changes in aide.db and all attributes
should be reported as changed. Or am I missing something obvious here?

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg