[Aide] Patch to add posix_fadvice

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed May 31 12:18:34 EEST 2006

pablo at vapaa.fi wrote:
> The patch marks files which are read for hash calculation data will be
> accessed only once. It should make AIDE to behave nicely for disk-cache.
> It can be enabled with configure script parameter "--enable-fadvice".

I've added this patch to CVS, except I used
AC_CHECK_FUNCS(posix_fadvice) to check for it automatically in
configure. Are there any objection to this approach? Let me know if this
works for you.

> One propably should disable mmap to gain improvements...

I haven't done any tests myself, but if mmap is actually hurting the
performance of aide, doesn't it make sense to disable mmap by default?

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg