[Aide] Problem understanding aide.conf rules and subsequent AIDE behavior

jacob martinson martinson.jacob at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:01:43 EEST 2006

The matching algorithm is described in the manual -

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~rammer/aide/manual.html#config

My understanding is that the deeper rule (/etc) would take precedence
over the higher rule (/) and that the rules are not cumulative.  i.e.
/etc will only get the attributes monitored that you list on the /etc
line.