[Aide] Daily AIDE report for...

Łukasz Hejnak szift at szift.org
Sun Mar 26 12:05:11 EEST 2006

Shai napisał(a):
> Hi,
Hello :]
> can't seem to find how to change it. I've looked at
> /etc/aide/aide.conf but there is no mention there about his email

AIDE is the program that does the data gathering (comparing files
against a database), it doesn't actually send the e-mail.
You have to look for some script/program that runs AIDE at given
intervals and then sends the email from data outputed by AIDE.
For my setup in general I use the pipe and mail command which could ie.
look like this:
aide | mail my at email.somwhere

Maybe there's a cron job set up for this.
Maybe it's just some script running in loops.
You have to do `ps aux` at the time aide is running and look for the
script that's running it and then You'll know what I'm talking about.
Also You can use mc's find feature and set it to look in all subdirs of
/ for all (*) files containing that particular e-mail address.

--
Best wishes
Lukasz 'Szift' Hejnak