[Aide] Daily AIDE report for...

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Sun Mar 26 12:03:29 EEST 2006

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:51:30AM +0200, Shai wrote:
> I've started working at a new company a while ago and the previous
> sysadmin used the AIDE and so we are getting Daily AIDE report for our
> servers.
>
> The destination for the reports is the email of the old sysadmin but I
> can't seem to find how to change it. I've looked at
> /etc/aide/aide.conf but there is no mention there about his email
> address.

"Daily AIDE report for $HOSTNAME" is the subject of the e-mails sent
out by the daily cron job of Debian's aide package. That cron job is
not part of mainstream aide, but a Debian addition.

If you have any reasonably recent version of Debian, see if
/etc/default/aide helps.

If not, a recursive grep for "Daily AIDE" might at least show the
executeable responsible for the messages, and from that, it shouldn't
be too hard for a professional admin to find out which configuration
file is used by that executeable.

Greetings
Marc