[Aide] Segmentation fault

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Wed Mar 15 17:04:28 EET 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 10:00:32AM -0500, Morgan Walker wrote:
> /usr/bin/aide.real: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1 (SYSV),
> for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, statically linked, stripped

IIRC, sparc is big endian, so you might be caught by a bug in
libmhash, http://bugs.debian.org/350088.

Unfortunately, Debian unstable has only mhash 0.9.4, which is
deprecated for aide, but we have to use it :-(

To make things worse, the maintainer of the Debian mhash packages does
seem to be quite busy and has not yet fixed the issues in mhash.

Greetings
Marc