[Aide] Problems running AIDE

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Jun 13 14:58:15 EEST 2006

Eric Webster wrote:
> I hope this helps you figure out what the problem was, but it
> looks like you guys have already fixed it.

Thanks for the testing. I am glad that the problem does not occur using
the CVS version. Since I have limited time to spend on maintaining aide,
I hope you understand I will not try to figure out what caused this
problem (since it is already fixed).

> One more question, and not to push, but when is the next official release
> due out? As a general rule of thumb we don't really like to run CVS versions
> of software on production systems.

There have been a number of important bugs fixed since 0.11 came out, so
a new release is called for. I am still trying to decide if I should
commit a fix for the problem "Single directories in aide.conf will
resurse with --check" since I am not sure it will break something else. See

http://www.mail-archive.com/aide%40cs.tut.fi/msg00895.html
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=10169141&forum_id=34655

What I can do is make a release candidate with this patch included, and
see if anyone reports problems with this version.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg