[Aide] Problems running AIDE

Eric Webster ewebster at 2co.com
Tue Jun 13 06:27:21 EEST 2006

I put aide-0.11 on all of our systems. Re-init, and then I ran a compare
afterwards. This fixed two of the 10 systems having issues. I put the CVS
snapshot from 6-12 on our central system and the others are working. I
haven't done them all yet but this is great!

On all hosts I have scanned thus far, I see entries for files added such as:

/proc/ide/ide0/hda/capacity

...and so on for all of the partitions in the system. I am wondering if
these may be the offending database entries as it seems odd that they show
on all scans. I hope this helps you figure out what the problem was, but it
looks like you guys have already fixed it.

In our system template rules, which is on every system, we have these rules:

/proc                           Q

Q is defined as:
Q       = p+u+g

Does this tell you anything about what the problem might have been?

One more question, and not to push, but when is the next official release
due out? As a general rule of thumb we don't really like to run CVS versions
of software on production systems.