[Aide] patch3: report enhancements

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Mon Jan 30 01:03:32 EET 2006

* Richard van den Berg <richard at vdberg.org> [2006-01-29 21:46:21 +0100]:

> > I find the output of the tripwire reports to much easier to read than
> > those from aide, so I changed the output of the report/compare reports
> > to be a little easier to read and differentiate, at a glance, what is
> > what.  It's more cosmetic (like the last patch) than anything else, but
> > I've already found it to make reading the aide reports much easier.
>
> Basically, you added a bunch of ------ separators. That's fine with me.
> It does have some impact for aide post-processing scripts (like the
> debian package). I'll see how much the maintainers of such scripts will
> complain. :-)

Alright... =)  For me, reading the reports via email is much
cleaner/easier with the separators.  Might not be for everyone, and I
have no problem maintaining the patch for Annvix if it isn't desirable
for others.

> > Any ETA on when 0.11 will be released?
>
> That should have happened already. I'll roll an rc3 in a minute. That
> should look better for your release. :-)

That would be awesome, thank you.  =)

> > Are there any outstanding problems I should be aware of before I go
> > ahead and do this tho?
>
> The whole usability of I/ANF/ARF is still very debatable. See the
> mailing list archives. Since these are new versions, I might just stick
> a note someplace saying it is work in progress.. It shouldn't delay the
> release of aide 0.11.

Yeah, I recall some debate on all of that.  I don't think that prevents
aide from working correctly, so it's  not a huge issue for me.

And thanks for accepting the other patches

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"