[Aide] memory consumption

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Thu Jan 5 17:26:59 EET 2006

Nicolae Mihalache wrote:
> The problem is that my database gets about 260MB in size (about 2.6M
> lines), and when comparing the databases aide consumes quite a lot of
> memory (I stopped it when it consumed all 512MB I have :( ).
> Is there a reason for consuming so much memory?

IIRC the database is completely read into memory. Then all files are
checked, with the results again stored in memory. Then the compare is
done between those 2 databases in memory. If you cannot simplify your
database, you can try integrit at http://integrit.sourceforge.net/ which
claims to have a small memory footprint.

> I see that "Rewrite for smaller memory footprint" is part
> of the TODO list. Is there somebody working at that?

Nope, not at the moment.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg