[Aide] regular expression match only the end of the filenames?

Virolainen Pablo pablo at cs.tut.fi
Tue Jan 3 15:32:05 EET 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> Nicolae Mihalache wrote:
>> In all the examples I've seen that the regular expression was at the end
>> of the filename (while in my case it is in the middle). Is this a
>> limitation of aide?
>
> Yes it is. Please read
> https://mailman.cs.tut.fi/pipermail/aide/2005-October/000215.html
> for more details.

For (easy) implementation, I think one needs GNU rx library.

The code would have something like following when creating regexp tree

if (ISDIR && re_match(exp,name,....)==strlen(name)) {
 	/* We should include this dir, because there might be some files
 	in some subdir which matches to this regexp.
 	So we need to copy this regexp to subnode
 	*/
}

Duke NEMO / C.O.M.A
alias pablo the pallo virolainen