[Aide] regular expression match only the end of the filenames?

Nicolae Mihalache nm1 at spaceapplications.com
Mon Jan 2 18:04:06 EET 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to use aide to check a computer on which ensim is used for
virtualhosting.
For each virtual domain, ensim creates a virtual filesystem
/home/virtual/siteX/fst/  (X is a number) where one can find normal
directories like usr,bin,lib but most of the files inside are hard links.
I added in aide.conf rules like these which are supposed to check just
the inode of the files inside those directories:
/home/virtual/site[0-9]+/fst/usr         i
/home/virtual/site[0-9]+/fst/bin         i
/home/virtual/site[0-9]+/fst/lib          i

However when running aide, none of the files in those directories is
checked.
In all the examples I've seen that the regular expression was at the end
of the filename (while in my case it is in the middle). Is this a
limitation of aide?

Thanks,
nicolae