[Aide] Not a Directory errors

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Mon Dec 18 22:44:14 EET 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 03:30:50PM -0500, Eric Webster wrote:
> If you change the conf, you have to reinitialize the database with --init.

I violently disagree. This introduces holes in detection as changes
might go by unnoticed. --update is the way to go if there is any
reference database to compare against.

I remember seeing a bug report about the "not a directory" errors, and
I find them annoying as well, but I don't find the ticket.

I'd prefer having this somewhat misleading error message removed or
given more meaning.

Greetings
Marc