[Aide] aide 0.11 is generating a VERY large database.

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 13:47:37 EET 2006

On 2006-11-10, Marc Haber <mh+aide at zugschlus.de> wrote:

> Recent aide packages have more detailed ignores for certain packages
> delivered in the default config.

Having tried to study the aide 0.11 Debian/Ubuntu config in more
detail, and thought about some of your comments, I wonder if I have a
wrong notion of what aide should and should not cover.

My expectation has been that a "sensible" config would exclude things
that routinely change every day, such as most log files; in other
words, the daily aide report should be almost empty in normal use,
except when I've installed, removed or upgraded software (and in that
case the report should be big but should reflect the packages
changed).

Is that wrong?