[Aide] gzip_dbout processing broken in 0.13?

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed Dec 13 22:30:20 EET 2006

Richard van den Berg wrote:
> It looks like zlib
> doesn't want to open aide.db for some reason. What did change is that we
> now open the aide.db with open() instead of fopen() to allow file
> locking.

This looks like a bug in zlib. I've created a work around (see patch) to
use fopen() when reading aide.db (but keep open() for writing it), and
everything looks fine now.

Marc: can you test this patch to see if it works for you as well? I'll
add it to CVS after I've done some more testing.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg