[Aide] aide --compare over sshfs

Jean-Louis Leroy jll at soundobjectlogic.com
Tue Aug 29 14:10:34 EEST 2006

> Make sure that the selection rules for the aide.conf on toots are the same
> as on ovh. IIRC running aide --compare still takes into account the
> selection rules in the aide.conf file.

I tried, first by copying the rules, then by using the same config
file while overriding the database options with -B:

aide -B "database=file:/var/ovh/aide.db" -B "database_new=file:/mnt/ovh/var/lib/aide/aide.db" -B "database_out=file:/dev/null" -c /mnt/ovh/etc/aide/aide.conf --compare

(this time  /mnt/ovh is a sshfs mount to ovh:/)

...same result.

Incidentally, aide could be more verbose about that "file that
shouldn't be there". Even with -V5 it doesn't list the file name.
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic