[Aide] Config syntax misunderstanding

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Apr 11 13:42:40 EEST 2006

freeslkr wrote:
> I'm having trouble with the syntax of some config rules, using
> the aide v0.11 package on FC4 from the Dries repository.
[snip]
> Any clarification will be much appreciated.

Look in your aide.conf, you should see 2 lines that look like this:
database=file:/etc/aide.db
database_out=file:/etc/aide.db.new

So when you run aide --init it will create a file named
/etc/aide.db.new. However, when you run aide --check it will check a
file named /etc/aide.db. So you will need to rename the aide.db.new to
aide.db before you can use --check effectively.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg