[Aide] Config syntax misunderstanding

freeslkr freeslkr.wl6x at mailnull.com
Fri Apr 7 21:46:24 EEST 2006

I'm having trouble with the syntax of some config rules, using
the aide v0.11 package on FC4 from the Dries repository.

EXAMPLE 1: config file with the following single rule:

	/etc$	L-n

`aide --init` creates the database with exactly one entry that I
expect. `aide --check` reports that all of the files/dirs under /etc
have been added, which is not what I expect.

EXAMPLE 2: config file with the following two rules:

	 /etc		R
	=/etc/cups	L-n

`aide --init` creates the database with everything in /etc except
files/dirs contained in /etc/cups, as expected. `aide --check` reports
that all of the files/dirs under /etc/cups have been added, which again
is not what I expect.

Any clarification will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
freeslkr