[Aide] Aide reports to database and retrieval

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Fri Apr 7 21:00:11 EEST 2006

First, let me say that I've been working with aide for some time now,
and it is a really great product; I have a couple of questions though;
right now I've setup an aide checking process that looks like this

-all aide databases for member servers are stored on 1 centralized (more
secure) server
-a set of scripts I've put together scp's each host database to the
desired host, runs an aide scan, then deletes the database from the
remote host
-emails (1 per host) that include the results are sent to me from the
centralized server
-similar process for updating host databases

What I would really like to do would be to send the reports to a mysql
or postgres database server (reading aide.conf, looks like aide supports
this already) and have an easy way to access the report, maybe via a
webbrowser or something.  I'm really not a developer or database
engineer, however I'm good enough and comfortable enough with working
with scripts and other database tools that if someone has the basic code
available, I could customize it to work in this environment.  Any help
would be much appreciated.  Thanks again.

Aaron

www.preferredcare.org
"An Outstanding Member Experience," Preferred Care HMO Plans -- J. D. Power and Associates

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy the copies you received.