[Aide] Convergence?

GARY GENDEL ggendel at sarnoff.com
Wed Sep 14 14:46:57 EEST 2005

The output of Aide goes where you told it in the configuration file.
database_out = <url>
database_new = <url>

As an example in the aide.conf file:
---------------
gzip_dbout = yes
database = file:///var/aide/aide.db.gz
database_out = file:///var/aide/aide.db.new.gz
database_new = file:///var/aide/aide.db/new.gz

I have scripts that perform the actions I want interactively.  For
example to update the database you can have a script like this:
-----------------------update----------------------------
#!/bin/sh

/var/aide/aide --u -c /var/aide/aide.conf

echo new db created.  You should do:
echo mv aide.db.new.gz aide.db.gz
Notice the message echoed at the end.  It reminds me to replace the old
database with the new one.

you should use a rule that doesn't check the database itself and should
put it on a read-only or at least only mount it only when aide is running.

In the example script above, I would have a rule:

!/var/aide/.*gz

to ignore the databases.  Hope this helps.

Gary