[Aide] Problems with AIDE on Debian Sarge (0.10).

Virgo Pärna virgo.parna at mail.ee
Tue Sep 6 10:52:01 EEST 2005

Bob Proulx wrote:

> This is just one of those anecdotal things but I am using aide on
> Debian Sarge and I am not seeing any of those problems.

	I think I might be up to something. In one of the computers I started
using aide CVS versions, but in another I'm still using version that
comes with Sarge. Yesterday I updated aide databases on both computers
after updating ntp with aide --update | less (less so, that I could
check the output) and then copied generated aide.db.new over aide.db.
Today, one of the servers was in the same state (files were added), so I
decided to check aide.db manually for the existence of those files - the
result - "zcat: aide.db: unexpected end of file". But there doesn't seem
to be any error messages disk error in the log files  - so it does not
appear like a disk error. And it's happening in two computers. Besides,
we moved recently and the computers did the filesystem check and there
were no errors then. And there is plenty of free space in all devices. I
guess, that in the future I should check  generated file right away.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna at mail.ee