[Aide] Problems with AIDE on Debian Sarge (0.10).

Virgo Pärna virgo.parna at mail.ee
Sun Sep 4 11:30:44 EEST 2005

	Ever since I upgraded my Debian Woody computers to Sarge I'm having
trouble with AIDE (0.10-6.1). It sometimes shows that files have been
added to root file system (on ext3) under /bin, /sbin, /lib directories
- but those files existed before. Usually it works fine for some time -
shows the differences until I do aide --update and then copy aide.db.new
over aide.db. Then in the next day some files show up as added. I have
not noticed any signs of intrusion. Looking the mailing list archives I
noticed, that there are several problems with AIDE 0.10 - could this be
one of them? I asked same about it alos in debian-users, but received no
answer.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna at mail.ee