[Aide] I (ignore changed filename) woes

Virolainen Pablo pablo at cs.tut.fi
Sat Oct 29 08:46:46 EEST 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> Richard van den Berg wrote:
>> However, I don't like the idea of automatically ignoring 'c' when 'I' is
>> in effect. Instead I'll update the man page. We can't prevent people
>> from writing bad rules.
>
> It seems that when 'c' and 'I' are both active, aide reports based on
> the filename and not on inode. So ignoring 'c' is much better in this
> case. It's in CVS now.

One propably should print some kind of warning message, when ignoring
some flags.

One could implement this with this kind of change to commandconf.c

list* append_rxlist(char* rx,int attr,list* rxlst)
{
   extern long conf_lineno; /* defined & set in conf_lex.l */

   rx_rule* r=NULL;
   r=(rx_rule*)malloc(sizeof(rx_rule));
   r->rx=rx;
   r->attr=attr;
   r->conf_lineno = conf_lineno;
   if ((attr&(DB_CHECKINODE|DB_CTIME)) != 0 ) {
     error(20,"Rule at line %i has c and I flags enabled at the same time."
              " If same inode is found, flag c is ignored\n",conf_lineno);
   }
   update_db_out_order(r->attr);
   rxlst=list_append(rxlst,(void*)r);

   return rxlst;