[Aide] I (ignore changed filename) woes

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Fri Oct 28 17:15:30 EEST 2005

Virolainen Pablo wrote:
> Hm.. Someone has implemented this feature (which is good). One propably
> should give warning about if rule has c and I enabled at the same time (or
> just ignore c, if we are checking for changed filenames? For
> implementatio check patch...)

At the time I was working on this bug, I assumed ctime meant "creation
time", but now I realize that it is defined as "time of last status
change". No wonder 'I' and 'c' are incompatible, because if the filename
changed, the ctime is updated. Duh.

However, I don't like the idea of automatically ignoring 'c' when 'I' is
in effect. Instead I'll update the man page. We can't prevent people
from writing bad rules.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg