[Aide] Regexp Problem

Pete J. O'Hara pete at guardiandigital.com
Fri Oct 21 16:41:40 EEST 2005

Hi All,
I am running into what seems to be a regexp problem in Aide 0.10-11. I
want to match all shared objects in the following directories:
/var/spool/postifx/lib/
/var/spool/postfix_f/lib/
/var/spool/postfix/lib64/
/var/spool/postfix_f/lib64/

Using a regexp tester I have tells me that the following expression
matches what I need
/var/spool/postfix(_f)?/lib(64)?/.*\.so(\.[^/]*)*

But putting this in aide.conf like so:
/var/spool/postfix(_f)?/lib(64)?/.*\.so(\.[^/]*)* Binlib

Doesn't match. For reasons too extensive to discuss here I need the
above expression to work. Am I running into a regexp bug in Aide? I have
done some googling and archive searching but I haven't come up with
anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Pete