[Aide] Aide 0.11-rc1 do_md Unknown error 530, error mmap'ing

Marc Haber mh+aide at zugschlus.de
Wed Oct 5 15:35:16 EEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 11:25:37AM +0200, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> Thanks for trying this release candidate. I should have mentioned that
> when upgrading, the aide.db should be created with the new version. So,
> first run "aide --init" before doing an "aide --check".

If that's a requirement, aide should probably write its version into
the database, and complain if an incompatible database is read. Of
course, having backwards compatibility is better, and indeed 0.11rc1
seems to work fine against databases written by 0.10 on my test system
- unless there is some hidden problem.

Greetings
Marc