[Aide] Aide 0.11-rc1 do_md Unknown error 530, error mmap'ing

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Wed Oct 5 12:25:37 EEST 2005

Thanks for trying this release candidate. I should have mentioned that
when upgrading, the aide.db should be created with the new version. So,
first run "aide --init" before doing an "aide --check".

On Wed, October 5, 2005 5:29, unspawn said:
> Test 1, CentOS-3:
> do_md():open() for /usr/share/vim/vim63/tools/vimspell.txt failed:Unknown
> error 530

Are you sure that file is ok? Not only can it not be open()ed but your OS
does not know why (unknown error 530). I've never seen that one before,
nor has google.

> Test 2, Fedora Core 2:
> (...ran OK, 'til:)
> error mmap'ing /usr/lib/libgcj.so.4.0.0: Cannot allocate memory

That is pretty weird. Can you send the output of "ulimit -a" of that
account? I am wondering if there are any restrictions on the memory usage.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg