[Aide] I (ignore changed filename) woes

Richard van den Berg richard at vdberg.org
Tue Nov 1 10:55:50 EET 2005

Marc Haber wrote:
> Is there some way to say "it's ok to have a file matching this regexp
> appear, include its value to the database but do not list it"?

No, ignore rules effect both the new database and the report. It is not
possible to include a file in the new database but ignore it in the
report. Maybe this should be added to the todo list.

I was struggling with the same issues when the 'I' rule was added to
aide. I don't think it helps much for rotating log files. All it does is
not report changes when the filename is the only thing that has changed.
(mainlog.2.gz -> mainlog.3.gz).

Personally, I use p+n+u+g for my logs. All I have to do then is update
the database when a new high numbered log file is created.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg