[Aide] Aide config question

Federico Petronio petrus at activesec.biz
Mon Jun 6 18:49:51 EEST 2005

Hello, I write you because I can't figure out how to config Aide to the
following requirement.

I want to check periodically a group of files that are spread thrown a
directory tree. I would like to write a rule to match all the files with
names that match a certain criteria. This is, all the files with names
like *pattern*

First I try to write rules to the files that SHOULD be checked, like:

/tmp/test/.*pattern.* R

but it didn't worked out. I did not find in the manual any reference
about using regex in an "include file" line. So I also try this one:

/tmp/test* R
!/tmp/test/.*(!pattern).*

but it didn't worked out neither. In the first case it just did not
include any file, and in the second it include ALL the files, not just
those that match the pattern. Is there any way to achieve the behavior I
described here? Any help will be welcome.

Thank you!
--
                                        Federico Petronio
                                        petrus at activesec.biz